Thursday, September 11, 2008

Evolution of Macros 2

After some testing, I've found out that I hated the last macro setup. While I liked some of the ideas I came up with earlier, I also missed the simplicity of pressing 2 when I wanted to moonfire someone and 2 when I wanted to lifebloom someone, depending on my target.

My new idea is like this, no modifiers first:
  1. If I have my mouseover any friendly target, heal it

  2. If I have a friendly target, heal it

  3. If I have an unfriendly target, hurt it

  4. If I press shift, always heal myself

  5. If I press ctrl, it tries to hurt or heal the target's target, depending on whether it's harm or helpable (friendly/unfriendly).


I've saved alt for special occasions. One of those might be downranking until WotlK or patch 3.0, whichever introduces the downranking change sooner.

Here's my list of macros, including which keybinding I use on it.

2 Lifebloom/Moonfire

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help]Lifebloom;[modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,harm][harm]Moonfire


3 Rejuvenation/Insect Swarm

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help]Rejuvenation;[modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,harm][harm]Insect Swarm


4 Swiftmend/Faerie Fire

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help]Swiftmend;[modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,harm][harm]Faerie Fire


5 Abolish Poison
Removed Entangling Roots from this button, moved it to it's own button. If I'll spec balance, this is a good place to place a hurting spell.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help][]Abolish Poison;


6 Remove Curse
Same as above, removed Cyclone. Another hurting balance spell?

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help][]Remove Curse;


Q Healing Touch/Starfire

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help]Healing Touch;[modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,harm][harm]Starfire


W Regrowth/Wrath

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,help][target=mouseover,help][help]Regrowth;[modifier:ctrl,target=targettarget,harm][harm]Wrath


R Nourish
Saved for Wrath. I also have a "free" space for a harm-ability here, should the need arise... Hm... Soothe Animal? Yeah, like I use that regulary... That is one of the few spells I don't mind looking up in the spellbook each time I use it.

T Entangling Roots
This, and the two following macros, are for focusing and using crowd-control-abilities. If I don't have a focus, focus the target and CC it. If I have a focus, CC it. If I press shift, set this as focus and CC it.

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,noexist][target=focus,dead]
/cast [target=focus,exists]Entangling Roots
/stopmacro [target=focus,exists]
/focus [harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead]
/cast [target=focus]Entangling Roots


Y Hibernate

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,noexist][target=focus,dead]
/cast [target=focus,exists]Hibernate
/stopmacro [target=focus,exists]
/focus [harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead]
/cast [target=focus]Hibernate


G Cyclone macro

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,noexist][target=focus,dead]
/cast [target=focus,exists]Cyclone
/stopmacro [target=focus,exists]
/focus [harm,nodead][target=targettarget,harm,nodead]
/cast [target=focus]Cyclone


U Tranquility/Innervate
Shift: innervate self. Alt: Innervate my target. No modifier: Tranquility.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift,target=player][modifier:alt,target=mouseover,help][modifier:alt,help]Innervate; Tranquility
/stopmacro [nomodifier:alt]
/script SendChatMessage("You've been Innervated!","WHISPER",nil, UnitName("target"))


A Barkskin/Nature's Grasp
A special macro. Alt: Nature's Grasp. Shift or not in bear: Barkskin. Reason for this is to avoid shifting out of bear if I hit the button by mistake.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt]Nature's Grasp;[modifier:shift][nostance:1] Barkskin


H Rebirth/Hurricane
I believe I described this in the last post.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,dead,help][dead,help][target=focus,dead,help]Rebirth; Hurricane
/stopmacro [nodead][nohelp]
/script SendChatMessage("Prepare to accept Rebirth.","WHISPER",nil, UnitName("target"))


7 Flight Form/Wolf
Simple macro to get the form that can be used in the outdoor area.

#showtooltip
/stopmacro [flying]
/use [outdoors,noflyable]Black War Wolf
/cast Flight Form


0 Mark of the Wild
Shift to give pink paw to myself, Alt to cast Gift of the Wild, otherwise try mouseover and then my target to give Pink Paw.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt, help]Gift of the Wild;[modifier:shift, target=player][target=mouseover,help][help][]Mark of the Wild


+ Thorns
Same as the pink paw, except there's no group version of this thing.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift, target=player][target=mouseover,help][help][]Thorns


Alt-Q NS+HT
A modified version of the classic NS+HT. Should be easy enough to understand.

#showtooltip
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast [modifier:ctrl,target=focustarget,help,nodead][target=mouseover,nodead,help][help][]Healing Touch;


Alt-W Trinket 1
Usually my PVP trinket in PVP.

#showtooltip
/use 13


Alt-R Trinket 2
Often a passive trinket, but can also be a healing-trinket or another emergency-button.

#showtooltip
/use 14


Shift-| Clearfocus
Just in case I need it.

/clearfocus

Other keybindings

| War Stomp
Ctrl-| Nature's Swiftness

Considered moving the latter one, but it's been there for so long it seems to have gotten stuck.

Some keybindings which will be dropped in WotLK or patch 3.0

Alt-2 Moonfire(Rank 1)
Alt-4 Faerie Fire(Rank 1)
Alt-t Entangling Roots(Rank 1)


Some future keybindings (Wrath), only with the right talents:

1 Flourish or Starfall (Wrath)
5 Typhoon (Wrath)

No comments: